I wasn’t about to wait in line on the first day the 3G version went on sale. I tried to order from Apple’s web site, but it wouldn’t estimate a ship date … so, a few days after the launch, I checked in at an Apple retail store: their advice for the quickest order was to get on a waiting list at the store. I was told that as soon as a 3G unit arrived, I’d be sent an e-mail and would have to be in the store within 24 hours, or the iPad would go to the next person on the waiting list. After about 3 weeks of waiting, I took a 3-day trip to New Orleans. Of course, my e-mail arrived while I was in New Orleans, and it would be impossible to get back to Houston in time to pick it up. I called the store and was told the process was completely automated, if I didn’t arrive on time, the device would go to the next person. However, they put me in touch with a distribution manager, who promised to hold my unit until the next day, giving me enough time to get back to Houston. Sure enough, they held it for me! I did learn a lesson though … next time, I’m just going to order from Apple.com and have a guaranteed delivery!
- RT @ArtAcevedo: Join HPD at Screening of Documentary Next Week Read: tl.gd/n_1sq1p51 1 month ago
- For those of you working at agencies rolling out body worn cameras, you might enjoy this podcast from the Justice De… lnkd.in/eWyEG-x 8 months ago
- @billclinton @HillaryClinton Beautiful name, my mom's name! Congratulations! 2 years ago
- One last week of intense homework, and I'm done with statistics!!! 2 years ago
- Disruption In Higher Ed Is Growing, But Not Instantaneous onforb.es/Xju2lK via @forbes 3 years ago
Share this blog